Going on Vacation?
Many people go on vacation during the winter or leave for a warm destination for several months. When you come home, you want to find everything just as you left it. Here are a few tips to make sure that happens:
- Have someone you trust stay in your home while you are away if you can
- Have your calls forwarded to you or to a family member
- Have someone plow your yard, shovel your steps and walkway
- Have someone pick up newspapers or flyers from your yard
- Install good lighting and put it on a timer
- Upgrade your door locks
- Contact your broker and let us know your property is being checked on
- Drain you plumbing lines if you will be away for a long period of time
- Keep your home heated during the heating season. You do not want your pipes to burst.
- If you do not have someone “living” in your home during your absence, have someone check it at least every couple of days.
Here is a big one!
Be mindful of what you are posting on social media. The world of social media has exploded and everyone is connected, even the Burglars! When they see that you are away for an extended period of time, it tells a burglar, thief, robber or intruder that they have plenty of time to break into your home.
Questions on your home insurance? Call Pearson Insurance (506) 432-1550. Our licensed brokers can answer your questions and give you peace of mind about your vacations.
At Pearson Insurance, you will deal with real people
These are people who will remember you. You will have the comfort of knowing that you will be able to deal with the same broker, so they know and understand your insurance requirements and concerns. We offer choice. We have a number of insurance companies that we can check to make sure you are getting the best policy for the best price. Our Brokers are licensed, professionally trained, and offer expertise that allows them to provide top notch customer service to protect what matters to you and your business. We can leave you with the peace of mind knowing that you are dealing with a brokerage that has been in business since 1935!
Why not come and meet our team. Just click here to see the friendly faces at the other end of the phone!