The time has come…the white stuff is here.
Some of us dread that winter snow coming, but why not embrace it. We do live in New Brunswick after all!
There are so many places we can go to enjoy outdoor activities this winter. Why not start with our local provincial and national parks. Here are 5 you can visit this winter:
1. Mactaquac Provincial Park. You can go sledding, skating, snowshoeing or go for horse-drawn sleigh rides. Special events going on during the weekends in January and February during the Fredericton Frostival when they create a “Winter Kingdom”. Definetely a must see!
2. Kouchibouguac National Park. Ever try winter camping? Why not try it this year? They have shelters there for you and you can cross-country ski, showshoe or just go for a walk. Don’t have skis or showshoes? No problem – you can rent them when you go.
3. Sugarloaf Provincial Park. They have 12 Alpine ski trails, cross-country trails and a terrain park. Don’t ski? No problem. You can go sledding, skating or snowmobiling. Want to learn to ski? They have instructors there to help you.
4. Fundy National Park. Snowshoeing and cross-country trails as far as the eye can see. You will also see beautiful views of landscapes overlooking the village of Alma. Want your kids to learn how to ski? The Chignecto Ski Club operates a Jackrabbit program for young skiers.
5. Mount Carleton Provincial Park. Snowshoe or ski in this rustic mountain setting. Trails are not maintained so this would be a special adventure. Want to try something different? What about ice fishing? The only thing to watch is that they are not open year round so check out their details before heading out.
Don’t want to head out to a park area? No problem! There are lots of places to go skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. Or you can check with your local arenas for public skating times. That’s a great way to spend an afternoon with your family. And, of course, we have the amazing Poley Mountain right here in Sussex, NB.
It’s a pretty amazing province we live in. Let’s spend some time exploring this winter!
If you are out exploring on your snowmobile, don’t forget to call us first to get your snowmobile insurance! Pearson Insurance, (506) 432-1550.
At Pearson Insurance…you will deal with real people.
These are people who will remember you. You will have the comfort of knowing that you will be able to deal with the same broker, so they know and understand your insurance requirements and concerns. We offer choice. We have a number of insurance companies that we can compare to make sure you are getting the best policy for the best price. Our Brokers are licensed, professionally trained, and offer expertise that allows them to provide top notch customer service. We are there to protect what matters to you and your family. We can leave you with the peace of mind knowing that you are dealing with a brokerage that has been in business since 1935!
Why not come and meet our team. Just click here to see the friendly face at the other end of the phone!