Seat belts have been the norm for many, many years and also the law for many years.
You can see, at least once a day that there are some people who still neglect the simple act of pulling this strap and buckling up before they drive off.
So what protection does the seat belt offer you? Read on to find out.
1. It is one of the best protection devices you have in your vehicle. It keeps you from moving around the interior of the vehicle or from being ejected if you are in an accident.
2. If your passengers are not buckled, then they could move around the vehicle in the event of an accident and you could be injured in the process.
3. Keeps your kids safe. Child seats reduce injury and death in children so make sure you show them that it is important to buckle up any time you are in the vehicle.
Need more seat belt tips?
1. Make sure you are only using seat belts for one person. They are not meant to hold more than one and you could be putting these passengers at risk.
2. Your pets also need to be restrained. Even pets can become a projectile in a crash.
Make sure you and any passengers, two legged or four, are buckled up for your protection and theirs!
Have any more questions about your auto insurance? Give us a call and we can help!
Source: CI Top Broker