Skip to main content

What kinds of insurance are out there for me?

By June 19, 2017April 4th, 2019No Comments

What types of insurance should I be aware of?

Other than the life and health insurance category, there are three main types of insurance:

Automobile Insurance

Automobile Insurance can coverage a number of items. Essentially it is used for insuring anything with a motor that goes on the road. This includes:

  • Cars
  • Trucks
  • SUVs
  • Motorcycles
  • ATVs
  • Snowmobiles
  • And more…

The insurance policy can insure vehicles and their attached equipment in case of accidents against liability, collision, theft, glass breakage, vandalism, fire, etc. depending on the coverage that you choose.

Property Insurance

Property Insurance insures homes, businesses and your contents from such things as, but not limited to, fire, lightening, explosion, smoke, theft and vandalism and sudden and accidental coverage. The term “property” can include:

  • Homes
  • Rental properties
  • Vacant Homes
  • Cottages
  • Condos
  • Commercial buildings
  • and more…

Liability Insurance

Liability Insurance protects people from liabilities from lawsuits and similar claims. Liability coverage generally comes as a mandatory part of any insurance policy. On personal policies, it is most common to have a limit of $1 million liability on both home and auto. There may come a time, however, when you require more. For example, if you are trying to protect large assets or if your are required to carry higher limits, you can increase the limits. If you are part of a board of directors, or if you wish to have higher limits, it could be recommended that you purchase an Umbrella Liability policy. That can give you higher liability limits for your policies and provide some coverage not offered in a usual home or auto policy. You can buy both personal umbrella and commercial umbrella policies.

Protect yourself. Call you broker today. (506) 432-1550 or email us at