Christmas Light Safety
You know the Christmas season is here when the houses start to glow and the inflatable Santa villages start to pop up everywhere. Every year we pull out the same old lights that hang around our houses or on our tree. Sometimes though, that is not always a wise choice. Check out these tips for Christmas Light Safety before you hang those lights around for another year.
• Check your whole set of lights for any fraying or cracking wires, broken sockets or loose bulbs.
• Use only lights that are marked with an approved label such as CSA or ULC approved.
• Don’t run your cords through doorways or under carpets or rugs. This can pose both fire and tripping hazards.
• If you have a pet that likes to chew, make sure the cords are placed out of reach.
• Do not leave your lights on while you are away from your home and always unplug them before you go to bed. Lights could short out and start a fire.
• Keep your candles up and out of the way of flammable objects. Remember to put them out before you retire for the night.
• It is a good idea to check and make sure your smoke detectors are all in working order.
…and don’t forget, this time of year goes by so fast. Grab a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and take time out to sit and enjoy those lights. You deserve it!
At Pearson Insurance, you will deal with real people.
These are people who will remember you. You will have the comfort of knowing that you will be able to deal with the same broker, so they know and understand your insurance requirements and concerns. We offer choice. We have a number of insurance companies that we can check to make sure you are getting the best policy for the best price. Our Brokers are licensed, professionally trained, and offer expertise that allows them to provide top notch customer service to protect what matters to you and your family. We can leave you with the peace of mind knowing that you are dealing with a brokerage that has been in business since 1935!
Why not come and meet our team. Just
to see the friendly face at the other end of the phone!