Prevent theft of your tools and equipment
Unfortunately, in today’s world, we need to be aware of anyone that may be trying to profit from your loss. Things that can be carried away can easily be carried by thieves looking to make a quick profit. And it is not just the large construction sites that have to be concerned about theft, it could also be the site of a home being built. So, what can you do to make sure your job site is safe both during the workday and after hours?
Follow these tips:
1. Signage. Especially if they suggest video surveillance is on site. Sometimes even a simple “Keep Out!” sign may help do the job.
2. Security lighting. The more the better for extra lights and motion sensor lights.
3. Barrier protection. Putting up a fence or guardrail will help keep your tools and equipment protected and out of site.
4. Alarm System. You can get a monitored alarm and/or security cameras for your site. Trail cams often come in handy for this purpose.
5. Control access to the job site. If you can make it so there is only one way in or out you will have more control.
6. Job site box protection. Tools in a locked storage box will be more difficult to steal.
7. Documentation. Take pictures and record serial numbers of all of your tools and equipment. If they are stolen, you have proof for the insurance company and for the police. Identifier labels are also helpful.
8. Paint your large equipment with a unique color so they can be easily identified.
9. Lock cabs and wheels of mobile equipment.
10. Make sure your equipment does not use the same keys.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your commercial business insurance, please give our office a call at (506) 432-1550 or email us at email@example.com and we will pass your inquiry on to our commercial department.
At Pearson Insurance, you will deal with real people
These are people who will remember you. You will have the comfort of knowing that you will be able to deal with the same broker, so they know and understand your insurance requirements and concerns. We offer choice. We have a number of insurance companies that we can check to make sure you are getting the best policy for the best price. Our Brokers are licensed, professionally trained, and offer expertise that allows them to provide top notch customer service to protect what matters to you and your business. We can leave you with the peace of mind knowing that you are dealing with a brokerage that has been in business since 1935!
Why not come and meet our team. Just click here to see the friendly faces at the other end of the phone!