Outside look Foggy? Check your windows!
As much as we may hate it, a common ritual for homeowners in the spring is to clean windows. After all the snow, rain and freezing rain that has beat on our home, the windows are usually in great need of a good cleaning.
Here are some items you will find helpful in putting together before you start your window washing chore.
- Soft bristle brush
- Lint free cloths (avoid ones that have been cleaned using fabric softener)
- White vinegar (or a mild dish washing detergent)
- Rubber gloves
- A ladder
- A large sponge
- A bucket
I have a few tips on how to make that task a little easier:
- Make sure you choose a time when the sun is not shining directly on the windows. The hot sun on your windows can cause the cleaner to dry too quickly and cause streaks.
- One of the best cleansers is a very simple one. Mix 1 part hot water and 1 part vinegar.
- To prevent a big mess use an old towel on the sill and / or a blanket on the floor that can absorb any drips that will fall.
- Clean the surface with a brush. Brush away the cob webs, and dirt from the windows, hinges, sills and the tracks.
- Wet the glass. Use a sponge and wet the window pane with the solution and wipe away the dirt and grime.
- Wet the rubber blade of your squeegee.
- Start at the top corner of the window and bring the squeegee straight down. Wipe the squeegee with a lint free cloth and start at the top again, slightly overlapping the first stroke. Finish by pulling the squeegee across the bottom of the window. Dry the window sill.
- Clean the window frames.
Soon you will have a perfect clear view out your windows to see the beautiful summer sun!
At Pearson Insurance, you will deal with real people.
These are people who will remember you. You will have the comfort of knowing that you will be able to deal with the same broker, so they know and understand your insurance requirements and concerns. We offer choice. We have a number of insurance companies that we can check to make sure you are getting the best policy for the best price. Our Brokers are licensed, professionally trained, and offer expertise that allows them to provide top notch customer service to protect what matters to you and your family. We can leave you with the peace of mind knowing that you are dealing with a brokerage that has been in business since 1935!
Why not come and meet our team. Just click here to see the friendly face at the other end of the phone!